Friday, April 27, 2012

Independent Component 2

 L. I, Jessica Velasco, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work. For my second independent component I decided to do more hours in my Digital Photography ROP class where I do my service learning and collected all the photographs that I have taken throughout that time. Some photographs are from the assignments that have been given to us, and other photographs I have taken with more of the techniques and skills that I have obtained from taking my ROP class.


I. My component represents 30 hours of my work, by then being able to show how I was able to apply the techniques and skills that I have learned throughout the past 8 months that I have taken ROP. It also represents my growth as a photographer when compared to my very first Independent Component where I showed the first photographs which I believed where good. Now with my second Independent Component my photographs have become better and I also believe that my growth as a photographer is noticeable and is shown with this second Component.

A. Doing this as my Independent Component helped me answer my EQ in many ways, first of all it taught me all about a photograph's composition and how the subject does not necessarily have to be set in the middle. That it is usually better to follow the rule of thirds unless you find an amazing way to break that rule which is pretty hard (and is only recommended once you know all the rules of composition) to pull off unless you are doing Macro photography. By sitting in class and having a professional like Jack to learn all these things from was the biggest help. The second thing was being able to learn these techniques and then being given assignments using them, because that way I was able find a way to take a photograph and apply those techniques to my photography's composition with my own creativity. Which is the best way for me to learn things, rather then just sitting in classROP Log of hours learning about photography.  

Rop hour log


Pictures from a Story Telling assignment we had.
Motion Photography, using the technique I learned in ROP in January.

 Nature Photography and Macro Photography


Animal Photography




One of my favorites
Using Surrealism.
 

1 comment:

  1. The photos are quite good and it seems you have learned much from your class. My senior project also centers around photography.

    ReplyDelete